SLCorporation Announces Advanced Alerting and Troubleshooting for OracleCoherence
New Release of RTView for Oracle CoherenceIncludes Heat Maps, Custom Alerts and Deep Analytics
Corte Madera, CA - May 5, 2009 - SL Corporation, a leading providerof real-time monitoring, analytics and visualization software, today announced thatthe new release of RTViewfor Oracle Coherence adds key advances in performance optimization,alerting and alert management, and troubleshooting for Oracle Coherenceapplications. Unique features combine to deliver the most comprehensivemonitoring and management solution available for both Oracle Coherence applicationsand their environment, and help to dramatically Reduce the risk of stabilityproblems in production.
"Because Coherence applications areso distributed, it's tough for users to validate whether they are runningcorrectly, said Tom Lubinski, founder, president andCEO of SL Corporation. "And even when they have warning, it is extremelydifficult to troubleshoot a problem and solve it. A big part of this newrelease is enabling not only advanced alerting functionality, but also deepanalytics regarding the health of a Coherence implementation across numerousdimensions, including the underlying JVM.
First introduced to the market inOctober of 2007, the latest release of RTView for APM | OC Monitor introducessophisticated new displays - including heat maps - to provide even greatercontext and help users validate that the Coherence application is working as itshould. Validation of metrics such as cache sizes, high limits, and capacity iskey to optimizing the performance of a Coherence grid.
Alerting and alert management havebeen dramatically enhanced to include the ability to customize alerts which mayinvolve customizing the alert message itself, or customizing an automatedresponse to an alert such as restarting a server or starting a new process. Thealert system can notify operators via email, pages, or SNMP traps when specificconditions are encountered such as excessive network delays or high memoryutilization, providing early warning of trouble in the cluster. Users can alsoview a history of alerts such as the frequency of a specific alert, and tiealerts to a trouble ticket system.
The new release also providessophisticated analytics about caches, resources, cluster members and clusteractivity in order to speed troubleshooting and problem resolution. Key featuresin this area include:
- Tools to track expected patterns of cache activity or utilization (puts, gets, misses, evictions, size) in order to quickly recognize abnormal behavior and prevent what could be a costly cluster outage.
- The ability to monitor the number and average size of objects in each cache, including their distribution across storage nodes and hosts, and utilize memory effectively by optimizing cache capacity settings to minimize the number of servers required to support a specific application.
- Optional views of JVM and garbage collection behavior on each node.
- An advanced Historian capability that can retain a historical record of important cluster metrics in any standard SQL database. This enables review or troubleshooting of cluster behavior during nightly batch runs, for example, or for baseline comparison of current metrics against historical averages.
- Detailed views into every available performance metric provided by Oracle Coherence, along with aggregation into higher-level views that summarize information across nodes, caches, or the entire cluster. RTView also provides an ability to create logical custom views that allow operators to see the big picture amidst all of the detailed data.
To register for SL's upcomingwebcast entitled, "Advanced Alerting and Troubleshooting for Oracle CoherenceApplications, please visit https://cc.readytalk.com/r/1cwdsyic2a4kz.
About SL Corporation
Over the past 25 years, SLCorporation has become the most knowledgeable and responsive provider ofreal-time monitoring, analytics, and visibility solutions. SL's flagshipproduct, RTView, addresses a broad spectrum of enterprise visibility challengesspanning application performance management (APM), business activity monitoring(BAM), and component-level infrastructure monitoring. RTView has also becomethe de facto standard for extending the visualization of complex eventprocessing (CEP) engines, TIBCO messaging middleware, Oracle Coherence datagrids, and custom applications. SL's exclusive focus on real-time visibilitysolutions, commitment to customer success, and partner-centric culture are whythousands of industry leaders have chosen to work with SL to support their mostcritical applications and businesses. SL Corporation can be reached at +1415-927-8400 or on the web at www.sl.com.